Breakthrough




Drowning in deep water brought on fear

Now anxious thoughts appear

I can't break free from these chains 

Fear ambushes me again and again


Trapped by strong emotions in my mind

I'm tied up and walking along blind

Fear causes me to be frozen in time

Paralysed and fear sticks like grime


I cannot break free from this cycle of fear

I'm helpless to make it disappear

its very real and part of my life

Like being cut deeply with a knife


I adapt and try to survive

But this fear is buried alive

It pops up in unexpected ways

Hijacks thoughts and effects my days


What can I do to escape this state

I cannot leave it to fate

Who can I turn to, to set me free

I cannot see a solution in me


The Psalmist writings of old

Lays out the message of pure gold

Cry for help to The Lord it says

He will deliver you from all your fears 


The Father above knows all things

His perfect peace He will bring

The fear will disperse and disappear 

You will be set free and be clear


Life will be open and be bright

As dark clouds are replaced by light

What joy there is when breakthrough comes

Celebrate with trumpets and drums


A great release from the grip of fear

A new way of life will appear 

Deep water is seen in a different way

As an adventure for a new day 




 

Comments

  1. Such a beautiful poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, very real and precious

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Journeying Together