Busy and Being


Busy

Every part of my life is busy

Running around makes me feel dizzy

Spare moments are a luxury

Will I have time for recovery


There are so many calls for my attention

I need some sort of energy extension

All the demands pull me in different ways

Truly sometimes, it leaves me in a daze


Where on earth can I find more space

 I can't keep up this frantic pace

No time for me, its intolerable

Finding quietness will be a miracle




Being

It's about creating an intentional time

Making it a priority of mine

Intentionally, find a regular place

Quiet, removed, away from the frantic pace


Each day commit this time to Father above

Be thankful to God for His constant love

Taking daily bitesize times each week

The heart of this time is to be still and not speak


It is a new rhythm and way of life

Our minds may wander but do not strive

Our Father will encourage you in this space

His heart is to meet you face to face


God's desire is to make us whole

Restoring and reviving our soul

His main passion for you and me 

Is desiring our company








Comments

  1. That has a rich thread of performance poetry in it Nick, love the feel of the rhythm and the call to stillness. You could really use it with percussion and gaps of stillness 😊
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Breakthrough

Journeying Together